Coconut Raisin Flax Granola
This granola is delicious and is great with your favorite non-dairy milk or soygurt.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup Blueberry Flax Meal (you can substitute regular flax meal)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup almond pieces
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vegan margarine (coconut oil would be a great substitute for vegan margarine)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 & 1/2 cups raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the oats, sunflower seeds, flax meal, coconut, almond pieces and pumpkin seeds onto a baking sheet. Place in the oven and toast for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- While the oats mixture is toasting, combing the brown rice syrup, brown sugar, margarine, vanilla and salt in a medium saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook until the brown sugar has completely dissolved.
- Once the oat mixture is done, remove it from the oven and reduce the heat to 300 degrees F. Immediately add the oat mixture to the brown rice syrup mixture, add the raisins, and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture onto the greased baking sheet and make sure that the mixture is evenly distributed. Place in the oven to bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container for up to a week.