Creamy Celeriac Soup
- 1 large celeriac AKA celery root, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 t canola oil
- 3 1/2 cups of low sodium vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup plain soymilk
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 t smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat, add the onions and saute 3-5 minutes until lightly browned and softened.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the vegetable stock and celeriac. Bring to a boil and cover, lower heat to medium low and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- With an immersion blender or in batches to your regular blender (remember if you use a regular blender not to fill it too high with the hot liquid) and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the remaining ingredients.
You should stop over to Love Veggies and Yoga to enter in Averie’s Chia Seeds giveaway! Click Here to View.