Sweet and Spicy Kabocha Squash Soup
2 large servings
1 small Kabocha Squash, roasted
1 cup soy milk
1 cup vegan chicken broth
½ T olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 t curry powder
½ t ground cumin
½ t chili powder
½ t salt
¼ t black pepper
¼ t cayenne pepper
½ T pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cut squash in half and remove seeds. Lay cut side down on a baking sheet and place in the oven to roast for 40-45 min, until the squash can easily be scooped out of it’s skin. Scoop the squash out and set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium sized pot over medium-high heat and add the onion and garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the curry powder, cumin and chili powder, cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the squash and broth and bring up to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes uncovered.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, cayenne and maple syrup.
- With an immersion blender (or you can use a regular blender) blend the soup together.
- Stir in the soy milk and cook on low until warmed. Taste for salt and pepper.
Don’t forget about my 12 Days of Giveaways! A new giveaway wil be posted Dec 4th.
Also you can check out Hangry Pants giveaway at for an Aurorae Yoga Mat Here